[PC-BSD Testing] 9.0 issues

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Wed Jan 26 12:11:05 PST 2011

I noticed the following issues while testing the 9.0 snapshot:

/etc/rc: WARNING: unable to set kern.maxproc=10000 <- should be in
loader.conf.

powerd: lookup freq: No such file or directory
/etc/rc: WARNING: failed to start powerd <- VMware doesn't have cpufreq.

/etc/rc.d/sysctl: WARNING: sysctl net.link.lagg.failover_rx_all does
not exist.  <- seems if_lagg isn't loaded by default.

gnome-keyring-daemon[2521]: couldn't allocate secure memory to keep
passwords and or keys from being written to the disk.

I've submitted a PR about the unordered list of keyboard layouts during
installation.

The "Language Selection" list is also unordered:

German
English_(UK)
English_(South Africa)
Italian

I selected English_(UK) as the language but the disk layout text still
had "Customize" whereas "Customise" is the British spelling.

I tried to create a 2088960 MB partition on a 2088960 MB disk and
received the error "The slice creation failed with the following
message: da1 created".

It ideally shouldn't be possible to even try to entries marked as
"Unused space".

"MegaBytes" is normally capitalized as "Megabytes".

"Please enter the ZFS file-system mount point". "filesystem" isn't
normally hyphenated.

"Invalid mount point, white-spaces disallowed". "whitespace" isn't
normally pluralized or hyphenated.

During installation I see a warning come up early on "No such geom:
da0".

--
Bruce Cran