Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 19:41:02 PST 2011

>> Tonight, I will try a "fresh install" on machine #2, which I expect to
> >go well.  I will hold off on messing with machine #1 in case Kris
> wants me to test anything.
>>
> >Ian Robinson
> >Salem, Ohio

>Ian,
>
>Well, the firmware update was worth a try. In looking over the changes
>that went into 8.2 over at the FreeBSD 8.2 TODO page, I don't see
>anything that jumps out at me related to LSI, SCSI, CAM or otherwise. It
>would suck if some regression got introduced with SCSI support.
>
>Arthur

Arthur -- It was a great suggestion.  I do not think there is a regression
with SCSI support.  A "fresh install" worked flawlessly.  I'm wondering if
the problem is related specifically to the upgrade script.  The kernel panic
occurs as the upgrade removes the "old" packages.  I wonder what is being
triggered?

I'm trying to look on the DVD and in the archived packages to see if I can
find the upgrade installation script, but so far I have not found it.

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio