[PC-BSD Testing] System time

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 18:18:55 PST 2011

Bumping.  Seems I'm not the only one with this problem.

This has been bugging me for a while, but haven't reported it.

Using PCBSD 8.1

If
 I try to enter system settings and change the time or zone there is a
message displayed that says "You are not allowed to save the
configuration".  I don't see this message in any other system settings
area.  Even tried making a new entry in the menu using the 'su' command
but it still won't let me change the time.

Tried running kcmshell4 --list from the command line but it crashed:
# kcmshell4 --list
kcmshell(11324): Session bus not found

KCrash: Application 'kcmshell4' crashing...
sock_file=/root/.kde4/socket-pcbsd-6657/kdeinit4__0

Suspended (signal)
#