Arthur A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Sun Jan 23 18:08:11 PST 2011

On 01/23/2011 4:45 PM, Ian Robinson wrote:

> From: Arthur <A-Koziol at neiu.edu <mailto:A-Koziol at neiu.edu>>
>
>       1. Re: PCBSD 8.2-RC2-x64 panic upgrading from        8.1-RELEASE
>     (Arthur)
>
>     Ian,
>
>     Do you know if the common stuff like BIOS and LSI firmware are
>     current?
>     I fixed some weird issues on a Poweredge 1750 once with an LSI
>     firmware
>     update.
>
>     Arthur
>

> Thanks for the input Arthur.
>
> The BIOS is current.
>
> I'll check the LSI firmware date on that computer on Monday.
>
> I have an identical machine at home right now, and I've spent many
> hours saving all the data from it.  I was about to try an upgrade over
> it to see if I can repeat it here.   As a result of your suggestion, I
> found the LSI firmware can be upgraded on the machine at home.
> Because these computers have no floppy disk drive, I'll have to make a
> bootable windows CD to do it, however.
>
> I'll report back on Monday.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian Robinson
> Salem, Ohio

Ian,

If you need help with a bootable DOS CD, I can send you a generic image
so long as you send me the proper firmware update file and updater tool.
Otherwise burn something like Ultimate Boot CD with the firmware files
slipstreamed into the ISO. That would work equally as well and is a true
DOS environment.

Arthur