Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 14:45:10 PST 2011

From: Arthur <A-Koziol at neiu.edu>

  1. Re: PCBSD 8.2-RC2-x64 panic upgrading from        8.1-RELEASE (Arthur)

> Ian,
>
> Do you know if the common stuff like BIOS and LSI firmware are current?
> I fixed some weird issues on a Poweredge 1750 once with an LSI firmware
> update.
>
> Arthur

Thanks for the input Arthur.

The BIOS is current.

I'll check the LSI firmware date on that computer on Monday.

I have an identical machine at home right now, and I've spent many hours
saving all the data from it.  I was about to try an upgrade over it to see
if I can repeat it here.   As a result of your suggestion, I found the LSI
firmware can be upgraded on the machine at home.  Because these computers
have no floppy disk drive, I'll have to make a bootable windows CD to do it,
however.

I'll report back on Monday.

Thanks,

Ian Robinson