[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8.2-RC2-x64, one good upgrade, one bad upgrade, and no printer in Gwenview.

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 11:35:22 PST 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Ian Robinson <fitchkendall at gmail.com>wrote:

> PCBSD 8.2-RC2-x64
>
> 1.  Upgrade install over 8.2-RC1-x64 went flawlessly.
>

> 2.  8.2-RC2-x64 does not print jpg file from Gwenview to printer.  Printing
> options are limited to "print to file (PDF)" and "print to file
> (Postscript)."  Printer (HP LaserJet) is properly installed and prints from
> other applications.
>

> 3.  Upgrade install over 8.1-RELEASE -  failed, but do not know why.
> Installer started O.K., but returned to find the system had rebooted and
> restarted the installer.  System was HP xw8200 dual-Xeon, 4 Gb. Ram, Nvidia
> 9400GT, LSi Scsi disk interface.
>

> Ian Robinson
> Salem, Ohio

Follow-up re: upgrade over 8.1 failed:

The target system was HP xw8200 dual-Xeon @ 3.4 GHz, 4 Gb. RAM, Nvidia
9400GT, dual-booting w/ primary boot device being an LSi SCSI disk interface
w/ da0s1 as windows disk and da1s1 as the 8.1 install.  Additionally it has
two IDE drives attached as ad0 and ad1 which are data only formatted
UFS+S.   The system functioned well  under PCBSD 8.1.

The abort-and-reboot problem is 100% repeatable.  It begins about three
minutes into the install while "cleaning up old files" is in progress and
then reboots.  I have attached a screenshot of the panic screen.  Sorry I
could not capture everything -- not enough lines on the display.

Please advise if you would like me to try anything before I attempt a fresh
install.

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio