[PC-BSD Testing] Unmounting USB drives

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 12:47:04 PST 2011

Kris Moore said:

What I've seen here is that you don't need to close dolphin, but rather
just switch to a different directory, such as your homedir, and then you
can right-click and unmount it.

I agree though, it should be smarter, so that if you request to unmount
it closes any associated windows automatically. However thats something
that'll probably need to be addressed for dolphin specifically upstream.

I've used that method sometimes.  Additionally, a user needs to watch out
for more than one instance of Dolphin running, as for example, in a new tab
or new window, or another application's use of that directory, including
Konqueror or a terminal.  It is probably a difficult problem to deal with,
but thanks for looking.

Ian Robinson