[PC-BSD Testing] Can't change system time

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 00:45:27 PST 2011

This has been bugging me for a while, but haven't reported it.

Using PCBSD 8.1

If I try to enter system settings and change the time or zone there is a message displayed that says "You are not allowed to save the configuration".  I don't see this message in any other system settings area.  Even tried making a new entry in the menu using the 'su' command but it still won't let me change the time.

Tried running kcmshell4 --list from the command line but it crashed:
# kcmshell4 --list
kcmshell(11324): Session bus not found

KCrash: Application 'kcmshell4' crashing...
sock_file=/root/.kde4/socket-pcbsd-6657/kdeinit4__0

Suspended (signal)
#