[PC-BSD Testing] More broken icons and also some IBus issues

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 18:23:50 PST 2011

> Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:44:13 -0500
> From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>
> To: testing at lists.pcbsd.org
> Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] More broken icons and also some IBus
>        issues

> We do not typically update individual ports via the system-updater,
> except in the case of a major security issue. However, the 8.2-RC1 ISO
> should have the newer ibus included. Can you confirm if these problems
> exist there?

In 8.2-RC1 most of the previously reported broken icons in IBus appear
fixed, but there is still one broken icon - in the attached snapshot
the ? mark should be a circular "i" icon.

> Also, you don't need to cross-post to the forums / multiple mailing lists :)

That's what I thought at first, but I then noticed that occasionally
there is no reply to the posts in the forum whereas after a few time
someone reply to the mailing list, and vice versa. This probably has
partly to do with the readership as some users prefer the forums and
others the mailing list. And also sometimes it is hard to tell which
mailing list a topic should go as some topics appear applicable to
different mailing list (e.g. dev and pbi-dev).