[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 8.2-RC1 Installation issues

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Jan 12 12:00:50 PST 2011

On 01/12/2011 14:53, Brodey Dover wrote:
> Should we enforce password lengths/"complexity"? I'm a fan of the UNIX
> model: Be stupid and expect stupid. IIRC, SSH is disabled in PC-BSD so
> there shouldn't be too much worry if a user prefers 'password'.
>
> Brodey

Well, for the GUI it makes sense to have some basic minimums in length,
just to avoid the single character passphrase for users who may not know
any better or just made a mistake. However, I don't want to add anything
more complex to the checker, such as requiring numbers / special
characters. You could still use "password" or even "pcbsd" on a system
that you are not wanting / needing security on, like a VirtualBox
instance :)