[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 8.2-RC1 Installation issues

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Jan 12 10:59:16 PST 2011

On 01/12/2011 03:25, LinuxBSDos.com wrote:

> I just started testing 8.2 RC 1, beginning naturally with the installer.
> You may read some of what I've found so far at
> http://linuxbsdos.com/forum/thread-85.html
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Fini Decima
> http://LinuxBSDos.com

Read your postings, Here's what I've changed:

* Enforced minimum password length of 6 characters for Disk Encryption
* Enforced minimum password length of 4 for root / user accounts

As for the other questions about needing a disk password, or additional
key files, thats how our geli implementation works right now. The
encryption scheme uses a key, which is kept in /boot/keys by default. A
password is optional at this point, and if used, then the encryption
becomes two-part.

The reason we prompt if the user wants to use a password, is because in
some cases the user may only want a key file, which they will move to a
USB key post-install.

Right now I don't feel the need to force FireFox on every user. Some
users may prefer Opera or Chromium and can install those via the
Software Manager post-install. Thats mostly a preference thing though :)

I'm going to check into the Opera License text, see what the deal is
there :)