[PC-BSD Testing] Testing PC-BSD 8.2-RC1 x86

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Tue Jan 11 12:50:52 PST 2011

All right here's a couple things I've seen in a quick run through of the
new 8.2 RC1 (x86).

1. Applications > Education > Science > Rocs Graph Theory has a ? for an
icon.

2. Applications > Utilities > Vim has a ? for an icon.

3. Folder View Settings > Type: > Image has a ? for an icon.

4. I am having trouble replicating this one but it happened once: I set
my background to a static image, choose Solar Windows (undertow setting)
for a screen saver and then left the machine sit for around 30 minutes.
The monitor was in power save mode (blank screen) and when I moved the
mouse to wake up the monitor, the light flickered green for a second and
then went back to amber (power save). I tried to repeat this on 8.2 BETA
and 8.2 RC1 again but it didn't happen. I was not able to drop to
terminal either. Monitor cable was fine. I pressed the power button and
it did a graceful shutdown in the background. Monitor light stayed amber
the whole time.

More as it comes.

Arthur