[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 9 usb image

jmdennis @dslextreme.com jmdennis at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 10 04:08:03 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 07:52:39AM -0800, jmdennis @dslextreme.com wrote:
> > I just turned in my thumb drive from work and bought a 16 gig one
> > because the beta of 8.2 was to big for this thumb drive.  For others
> > this will be nice but not for me.  I think there is a way to install
> > an .iso image to a usb and might try this out.
>
> I can probably just fix it here, so we get two USB images, a Full/DVD
> image, and
> a small CD image. Shouldn't be too much extra work to do :)
>

> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software

I found a way to use unetbootin to install an iso to a usb drive so you can
do a small usb image for those that have a 2 gig drive or even a 1 gig drive
if you can get it that small.  I do not mind having a smaller one as long as
I can get a browser in case one is needed since some are not working like
Opera at the moment as well as others as far as PBI's go for PCBSD 9.  I
look forward to updates for this.