[PC-BSD Testing] VirtualBox rollback from 3.2.12 to 3.2.10

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 17:56:22 PST 2011

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM, <testing-request at lists.pcbsd.org> wrote:

> Ken Moore said:
>
> The virtualbox update to 3.2.12  was rolled back after a couple problems
> were found with it. Because of this, the updater lists 3.2.10 as the
> update because 3.2.10 is the latest stable version. I would recommend
> "upgrading" to 3.2.10 as this will make sure that you do not have a
> faulty version of virtualbox on your system and return you to the latest
> stable version until the 3.2.12 version is fixed and re-released. This
> also happened on the 8.1 systems that were using virtualbox at the time.
>
> The opera upgrade was released at the same time as the virtualbox
> upgrade, so there is nothing wrong with that one.
>
> ~Ken Moore

Thanks for that information Ken.  I had VirtualBox 2.3.10 working great in
PCBSD 8.1 but when I tried 2.3.10 w/ PCBSD 8.2 it didn't work.  I made a
post to the testing list a couple of weeks ago with reference to some
FreeBSD forum comments and various solutions.  So I upgraded to 2.3.12 and
it didn't work either.  I'll give 2.3.10 the rollback and maybe it's a
version that has been PBI'd with newer ports and/or dependencies.

Thanks again for the explanation.

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio