[PC-BSD Testing] 8.2-BETA1-x64 System Updater Problem

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Sat Jan 8 05:58:45 PST 2011

On 01/07/2011 17:45, Ian Robinson wrote:
> 8.2-BETA1-x64 System Updater appropriately reported an update
> available to update Opera PBI to 11.0.
>
> However, the System Updater reported inaccurately that my VirtualBox
> 3.2.12 installation could be updated to to VirtualBox 3.2.10.
>

> Ian Robinson
> Salem, Ohio

The virtualbox update to 3.2.12  was rolled back after a couple problems
were found with it. Because of this, the updater lists 3.2.10 as the
update because 3.2.10 is the latest stable version. I would recommend
"upgrading" to 3.2.10 as this will make sure that you do not have a
faulty version of virtualbox on your system and return you to the latest
stable version until the 3.2.12 version is fixed and re-released. This
also happened on the 8.1 systems that were using virtualbox at the time.

The opera upgrade was released at the same time as the virtualbox
upgrade, so there is nothing wrong with that one.

~Ken Moore