[PC-BSD Testing] For PCBSD 9

jmdennis @dslextreme.com jmdennis at dslextreme.com
Wed Jan 5 06:52:24 PST 2011

On 1/4/11, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 08:45:36AM -0800, jmdennis @dslextreme.com wrote:
>> I would like to see a way to remove unused languages like you have in
>> PCBSD 8.2 beta as I do not want any thing other then what I select.
>>
>> One thing also that would come in handy is that if I select not to
>> install kdeedu that it not install the Marble (Desktop Globe).  One
>> reason why I select not to install this is because I do not use any of
>> these so do not want them taking up space.
>
> We have that feature now. When you select the "meta" packages, if you
> unselect KDE4 l10n
> you don't get all the language files and such. I may add additional "meta"
> language packages
> to it in the future as well, so you can fine-tune gnome and others.
>

>> I know you are working on this but since you changed to GDM you do not
>> have a way to auto login even though you can select this.
>
> Auto-login will be removed from the installer, but we will need to create a
> way
> to enable it post-install still for GDM.
>

>> I really like this and have not had many problems with it.  I can do
>> every thing I need to do and not crash the system.  That is pretty
>> good for alpha software.
>
> Glad to hear it :)

> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software

One thing I forgot to mention is that for KDE there is no shutdown or
restart.  You need to end the session and then use the login window to
shutdown.  This may have to do with the use of GDM but do not know for
sure.  This is not a problem with the other desktops that you have for
PC-BSD 9.  I do not mind doing this but hope that this can be fixed as
well.