[PC-BSD Testing] For PCBSD 9

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Jan 4 09:51:32 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 08:45:36AM -0800, jmdennis @dslextreme.com wrote:
> I would like to see a way to remove unused languages like you have in
> PCBSD 8.2 beta as I do not want any thing other then what I select.
>
> One thing also that would come in handy is that if I select not to
> install kdeedu that it not install the Marble (Desktop Globe).  One
> reason why I select not to install this is because I do not use any of
> these so do not want them taking up space.

We have that feature now. When you select the "meta" packages, if you unselect KDE4 l10n
you don't get all the language files and such. I may add additional "meta" language packages
to it in the future as well, so you can fine-tune gnome and others.

> I know you are working on this but since you changed to GDM you do not
> have a way to auto login even though you can select this.

Auto-login will be removed from the installer, but we will need to create a way
to enable it post-install still for GDM.

> I really like this and have not had many problems with it.  I can do
> every thing I need to do and not crash the system.  That is pretty
> good for alpha software.

Glad to hear it :)