[PC-BSD Testing] testing of 9-CURRENT-20110225 snapshot

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Mon Feb 28 08:32:04 PST 2011

Hiya!

Finally, after seeing latest snapshot which fixed installation feature
present in previous snaphost, I tried to install PC-BSD on real
hardware (aka my old amd64 laptop with ATI card).

First I tried with bootonly image - installer activated my NIC, but
when it was time to fetch packages from the net, it could not fetch
anything.

Then I tried with full image and everything is OK (xfce installed), but now I've
dilemma whether it's easier to bring missing packages to 9.0 install
or install 8.2 and replace KDE with Xfce?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)

http://atmarama.net | Hlapicina (Croatia) | GPG: CDBF17CA