[PC-BSD Testing] Phun with KPorts

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Thu Feb 24 07:18:22 PST 2011


Well, for any of you who've not played with the KPorts PBI yet, it's a 
bit shaky and buggy. It also doesn't support anything past 7-CURRENT out 
of the box but I managed to *coax* it to use 8.2-CURRENT by manually 
changing stuff in the config under Settings > Configure KPorts. I did 
encounter a major issue after setting things up though. For me, after 
running "Update Vulnerability Db", it more or less crashes either on 
startup or after trying to run Configure KPorts. It's also not liking it 
when you run Update Port-Directory as it throw the error: *Command 
'cvsup -l -g -L 1/home/Art/kports/ports-supfile && echo kports_success' 
not found*. After that, you can view the log detail and it states: 
*kdesu: WARNING: Daemon not safe (not sgid), not using it. cvsup: not 
found*.

As I said, after running "Update Vulnerability Db, for me, it often 
crashes either on startup or after running Configure KPorts, I am seeing 
the following when it crashes:

*Crash on startup*:

[New Thread 309835c0 (LWP 100213)]
[New Thread 29a01140 (LWP 100304)]
[Switching to Thread 309835c0 (LWP 100213)]
[KCrash handler]
#6  0x2969366b in thr_kill () from /lib/libc.so.7
#7  0x29642916 in pthread_kill () from /lib/libthr.so.3
#8  0x29640393 in raise () from /lib/libthr.so.3
#9  0x297366ca in abort () from /lib/libc.so.7
#10 0x29586a10 in __gnu_cxx::__verbose_terminate_handler ()
    from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
#11 0x2958b21a in std::set_unexpected () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
#12 0x2958b262 in std::terminate () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
#13 0x2958b15a in __cxa_throw () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
#14 0x295dfcfe in operator new () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
#15 0x29198001 in QString::QString () from 
/Programs/kports/lib//libqt-mt.so.3
#16 0x2919f166 in QString::mid () from /Programs/kports/lib//libqt-mt.so.3
#17 0x291ac71c in QStringList::split ()
    from /Programs/kports/lib//libqt-mt.so.3
#18 0x2919fd2b in QString::section () from 
/Programs/kports/lib//libqt-mt.so.3
#19 0x08085654 in QBsdPortGlobal::findAllAvailableBin ()
#20 0x080784f8 in T_function::run ()
#21 0x28e6bade in QThreadInstance::start ()
    from /Programs/kports/lib//libqt-mt.so.3
#22 0x2963c73f in pthread_getprio () from /lib/libthr.so.3
#23 0x00000000 in ?? ()


*Crash Details*:

Output logged from stdout
=========================



Output logged from stderr
=========================

firstrun
ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in /Programs/kports/include/qvaluelist.h (373)
ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in /Programs/kports/include/qvaluelist.h (373)
ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in /Programs/kports/include/qvaluelist.h (373)
ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in /Programs/kports/include/qvaluelist.h (373)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'St9bad_alloc'
   what():  std::bad_alloc
KCrash: Application 'kports' crashing...
Locale: "en"



I'm guessing that because the PBI is based on version 0.6.1 and the last 
version out there is 0.8.2, there's a lot of bugs and missing support 
between the two version. Oh well, just my 2 cents.

Arthur
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pcbsd.org/pipermail/testing/attachments/20110224/902f7ec5/attachment.html>


More information about the Testing mailing list