[PC-BSD Testing] Fwd: FreeBSD 8.2-Release is available now

Johann Kois jkois at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 21 10:32:32 PST 2011

On 02/21/2011 19:21, Ian Robinson wrote:
>     On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 19:24, Ian Robinson <fitchkendall at gmail.com
>     <mailto:fitchkendall at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Kris' prediction is right, and FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE is out and on the
>         FreeBSD ftp sites.

>     On Mon, Feb 21, 2001, Bruce Cran replied:
>
>     No, it's not out yet. It may be on _some_ ftp sites but it's not out
>     until a message has been posted on freebsd-announce. For example the uk
>     ftp site still only has rc3.

Exactly.  FreeBSD-8.2 is being uploaded and distributed all over the
world.  Until that is done for all architectures (a couple of days after
the ISOs show up on the main FTP server) it is NOT released.  Even if
the images are already on the main server (ftp.FreeBSD.org).

Because if we would say "it is released" when the binaries are on the
main server many of you enthusiasts out there would immediately complain
"but it is not there on 'my' FTP server.  ;-)

Regards

jkois

--
  Johann Kois