[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD8.2-RC3-x64-USB.img uzip check fail

Dennis Favro dfavro at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 17:32:14 PST 2011

  There's something wrong with the x64 "full" boot image.  The
boot-only x64 usb image works, as do both i386 images and the x64 DVD
iso.  I've tried writing the image with both dd and win32diskimager.
The MD5 sum matches that on the website, and I've tried several USB
drives.

  I see the same on real hardware, and using the same image in VMware
Workstation using this trick:
http://www.vladan.fr/great-tip-how-to-boot-from-usb-image-in-vmware-workstation/

  The actual message is:
"Found PCBSD image on: /dev/sa1s1a
Checking integrity of uzip filesystem...FAILED
One or more integrity checks failed..." ....etc

Pressing enter to continue just lands a repeating set of failed to
start TTY messages.  I have a screenshot from the VMware attempt; if
it's worth posting, let me know.