[PC-BSD Testing] Install woes on MacBook2,1

Miki Janosi mjanosi at uakron.edu
Tue Feb 8 07:09:37 PST 2011

On Tuesday, February 08, 2011 09:34:07 am Bridger Dyson-Smith wrote:
> hi Miki, et. al.,
Hi Bridger

> i'm sure you've seen this walkthrough here (
> http://www.dramashack.com/2009/10/01/installing-pc-bsd-on-a-macbook-pro/ ),
> but if not some of the instructions may prove beneficial. while the PCBSD
> install is older, the use of rEFIt (links on the above URL) may be the
> ticket.
Thanks for the link, I didn't see it before, but I did successfully get
PC-BSD 7.x installed on my Macbook, although it ran hot and flaky.
PC-BSD 8.x seems to run great in live mode, but I can't get it to
install. I also use rEFIt and FreeBSD 8.2 RC2 is installed.

> i'm hoping to try the same steps on a 5,4 macbook pro - virtual machines
> aren't as exciting as the real thing.
Please let me know what happens.

On Tuesday, February 08, 2011 09:49:10 am Arthur Koziol wrote:
> Would it be worth aggregating this info in one place?
I'm planning on putting up a tutorial on pcbsd.org once I'm
successful and I'll mention those links in that post.

--
Miki Janosi (330) 972-8640
m1k61 (AIM) cmac at freeshell.org (MSN) maci61 (Yahoo)
V -->  3 lefts will [ http://gozips.uakron.edu/~mjanosi ]