[PC-BSD Testing] Qt teaching materials

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 04:26:09 PST 2011

I saw a nice reference to Qt educational materials in Aaron J. Seigo's blog
with links to the Qt web site and its Qt teaching materials.  The blog post
is located at

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2011/01/qt-in-education.html

where Mr. Seigo said:
 Qt in education <http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2011/01/qt-in-education.html>
 I came across a really nice blog entry by Hanne Linaae entitled Teach
Qt!<http://blog.qt.nokia.com/2011/01/17/teach-qt/>.
That led me to the Qt course
materials<http://qt.nokia.com/services-partners/qt-in-education/qt-in-education-course-material>and
I grabbed a few of the course material sets.

When I settled in to look at the first one I was very pleased to see three
things:

   - They are creative commons licensed, allowing for broad usage
   - There are PDFs and PowerPoint formats, yes ... but there is also an ODF
   version in there
   - KDE is mentioned a few times, including getting its own slide in the
   intro slide deck with a pointer to Techbase

The course materials look really good and the approach seems solid. Nice
work Qt people! :) The more educational materials and documentation we can
have around the Qt and KDE ecosystem the better.
 Posted by Aaron J. Seigo

If the links to "Teach Qt!" and "Qt course materials" do not work in this
message, the respective links are:

Teach Qt: http://blog.qt.nokia.com/2011/01/17/teach-qt/

Qt course materials:
http://qt.nokia.com/services-partners/qt-in-education/qt-in-education-course-material