[PC-BSD Testing] Testing PC-BSD RC2

Vittorio Cagnetta vaisarger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 07:19:56 PST 2011

> So far, 3 problems:
> > 1) installation in Italian language is still incomplete. Almost all
> > widget are without text. No problem for me, 'cause I like English, but...
>
> A number of the new translations for the installer are still unfinished
> for Italian. If you want to help finish it up, take a look here:
>
> http://pootle.pcbsd.org/it/pcbsd/

Problem is I have really little time... I'll see, but it's difficult for
me... sorry.

> > 2) I was NOT able to change those 2 dns related input fields in Network
> > Settings: that one about ip number I was able, but dns still remained
> > empty (no error messages).
> > I had to manually edit /etc/resolv.conf from scratch to be able to make
> > my PC-BSD box to resolve URL names...
> >

> Interesting, I can modify those fields here just fine. Did you change
> keyboard layouts or anything previously?

I changed keyboard layout soon at installation very first step. After system
was installed, then I changed KDE layout.
Now I did an other attempt: dns fields do change now. Nevertheless, now
file  "/etc/resolv.conf" does exist in my system, while before, when I was
not able to change that input filed, "/etc/resolv.conf" did not exist...

> > 3) I have problem to set clock. My machine seems not to connect to ntpd
> > servers, and even setting clock manually gives this error message:
> >
> >     Impossibile autenticare o eseguire l'azione: 7, Errore del motore
> >     DBus: impossibile contattare l'assistente. Errore di connessione:
> >     Could not get owner of name 'org.kde.kcontrol.kcmclock': no such
> >     name. Messaggio d'errore: Failed to setup environment correctly
> >
> > Maybe for ntpd is a firewall setting problem, but for manual clock
> setting?
> >

> http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=13466&highlight=date+time

Thank you. I did not check if bug was already reported... I'm sorry.

--
Vittorio Cagnetta

http://sites.google.com/site/bashkaraoke