[PC-BSD Testing] Testing PC-BSD RC2

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Feb 3 06:56:30 PST 2011

On 02/03/2011 04:17, Vittorio Cagnetta wrote:
> Hi! I wanted to taste PC-BSD 8.2 and help in finding bugs. :)
>
> I installed it in date 27 gen 2011.
>
> So far, 3 problems:
> 1) installation in Italian language is still incomplete. Almost all
> widget are without text. No problem for me, 'cause I like English, but...

A number of the new translations for the installer are still unfinished
for Italian. If you want to help finish it up, take a look here:

http://pootle.pcbsd.org/it/pcbsd/

> 2) I was NOT able to change those 2 dns related input fields in Network
> Settings: that one about ip number I was able, but dns still remained
> empty (no error messages).
> I had to manually edit /etc/resolv.conf from scratch to be able to make
> my PC-BSD box to resolve URL names...

Interesting, I can modify those fields here just fine. Did you change
keyboard layouts or anything previously?

http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=13466&highlight=date+time

> Ciao, thanks for this gorgeous O.S.!
>
> --
> Vittorio Cagnetta