Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 12:38:29 PST 2011

"GUI ports/pkg system and based on current FreeBSD" sounds to me like what
DesktopBSD did, but I haven't been involved with DesktopBSD ever since the
project was "dead" and then a Germany group took over the project (their
website and even their forums are now mostly in Germany, which I cannot read
at all).

Anyone tried their recent DesktopBSD? Is it anything close to what
MidnightBSD or other GUI-based BSD is working on?

Sam