[PC-BSD Testing] still stuck in RC2

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Wed Dec 28 09:46:46 PST 2011

On 12/28/11 7:37 AM, Kris Moore wrote:
> On 12/27/2011 15:47, Julian Elischer wrote:
>> My system never correctly upgraded from RC2 to RC3.. .If failed part
>> through
>> It says it is in RC2 but the upgrade program thinks it is in RC3
>> so it refuses to upgrade..
>>
>> is there anything I can do to make it finish the upgrade?
>> (or even just do it again)
>>
>> Julian
>> (login can be arranged)

> Our system update server wasn't working earlier, can you check for
> updates again and does it show anything available now?
>
> Or paste output of "# pc-updatemanger check"

[root at pcbsd-2566] ~# pc-updatemanager  check
The following updates are available:
------------------------------------
NAME: System Update to 9.0-RC3
TYPE: SYSUPDATE
VERSION: 9.0-RC3
DATE: 2011-12-14
TAG: release-9.0-RC3
DETAILS: http://www.pcbsd.org

To install this update run "/usr/local/bin/pc-updatemanager install
release-9.0-RC3"

[root at pcbsd-2566] ~#

but from experience, it will fail and still say RC2 at the end..