[PC-BSD Testing] Language setting partially respected

Edsel nospam at edsel.nu
Tue Dec 27 10:21:59 PST 2011

Hello,

I was having trouble with KDE only partially respecting my language setting. KDE 'things' were respecting my language, but installed applications came in English. Commenting the LANG setting in /etc/profile solved this 'problem'. However, I'm wondering if this was occasionally me or something that needs a fix or is allready fixed.

I'm on 9.0-RC2, installed in Dutch. Also, things which didn't have effect:
- setting language in GDM
- setting language in KDE Control Center
- setting LANG in ~/.profile
- setting lang in ~/.login_conf

--
Edsel