[PC-BSD Testing] 9.0rc3 - broken 'fetch' AppCafe

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Dec 27 08:12:40 PST 2011

On 12/27/2011 05:52, Lars Engels wrote:

> I don't know but I've also seen this before. IIRC there was a change
> in libfetch about active/passive
> mode.
>
> DES: Do you know why this can fail?

I've been seeing all kinds of problems with fetch on 9. What happens is
when when we run a lot of fetch processes quickly in a row, eventually
they will begin to fail with various error messages, I'll have to look
into it again to find the specific ones. Turning on the "-a" flag in
fetch makes it worse, causing an infinite loop to occur.

>>     * Could the passive mode setting be moved to pcbsd.conf which
>> pc-updatemanager already reads?
>
> Good idea!

Added this feature :)