[PC-BSD Testing] RC3 Skype and Linux-thunderbid

Stephan Lichtenauer sl-pub-lists at honeyguide.de
Wed Dec 21 23:37:15 PST 2011

Hi all,

since this is my first post to this list, I first of all want to thank
the PC BSD team for the great work and I am also deeply impressed by the
speed with which questions on this list are answered and also solved.

On Tue, 2011-12-20 at 11:28 +0000, Ian McNulty wrote:
> Fresh install of RC3 going very well except for a couple of issues. I
> have kde and gnome installed and these errors are from a kde desktop.
>
> Installed skype from app cafe pbi. when run from menu, it asks for
> root privilege. After giving root password, the following error
> message appears "Cannot execute command
> '/usr/pbi/skype-i386/.sbin/skype'."
>
> When run from terminal as normal user, I get the following:
> [ian at PCBSDDESKTOP] ~> skype
> ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so' from LD_PRELOAD
> cannot be preloaded: ignored.
> /usr/pbi/skype-i386/share/skype/skype: error while loading shared
> libraries: /usr/pbi/skype-i386/lib/libSM.so.6: ELF file OS ABI invalid
> [ian at PCBSDDESKTOP] ~>

I can confirm this problem with RC2 and also after upgrading to RC3.

But from reading on this list I understand there are people who are able
to run Skype?

Best regards

Stephan