[PC-BSD Testing] Patch to test fast-booting

Marcus von GO. info at Godot.de
Tue Dec 20 09:03:02 PST 2011

Hi,

Testing on a RC2 VM Desktop seems ok, Boottime is now only 60% of normal.
The Networking starts automaticaly when logging in. No timeouts with update manager showing correct RC3 availability.

Despite of latest discussion it looks good for demonstrating the Multitasking capability of a Desktop System which PCBSD is. So using local ressources faster is a nice idea.
Perhaps its a bit political what starts first when there is the console permanent available beside X11.

I test it longer on some machines and thinking about compatibiliy of the rc-files now with them of future RC/Versions

Thanks for good work
Marcus