[PC-BSD Testing] Patch to test fast-booting

Karl R. Grose karl at gromar.org
Mon Dec 19 11:45:21 PST 2011

On 12/19/2011 11:30, Kris Moore wrote:

> it may be something simple to address. In the meantime, edit /etc/rc and
> look for "bgtasks=" and add your /usr/local/etc/rc.d/afsd" script to the
> list of space separated ones to delay.

This did help. The boot went from 75 s to about 48 s and the afsd was
able to start correctly. I had to be careful to not attempt to get a
Kerberos ticket and afs token too soon after the desktop appeared (I
have a GNOME startup script with GUI prompts running), but other than
that, a definite improvement.

--Karl