[PC-BSD Testing] Patch to test fast-booting

Karl R. Grose karl at gromar.org
Mon Dec 19 11:14:09 PST 2011

Hi Kris,

On 12/19/2011 10:39, Kris Moore wrote:

> Got a few files here I thought I'd make available for testing to
> evaluate putting them into 9.0.

The new rc/rc.delay will cause issues for users running OpenAFS (afsd).
This happened when I tried:

Starting afsd.
ADVISEADDR: Error in specifying interface addresses:No existing IP
interfaces found
AFS: RX failed to initialize -7).

And the whole boot process paused for the network and other parts to
load and even then, the afs daemon failed to start.

Perhaps adding a "Quick boot" option to the startup menu, but not making
it the default would address possible incompatibilities.

--Karl

Karl Grose
Richmond, Calif.

=======