[PC-BSD Testing] Upgrade failed - upgrade from full download possible?

Productnews productnews at hvf.ch
Mon Dec 19 01:13:02 PST 2011

I tried to upgrade both via the GUI and then manually with
# pc-updatemanager install 9.0-RC3
LIke other have noticed, the mirror selection is not honored,, but the
downloads go to pcbsd.org. After about one night of slow downloads, the
process stopped somewhere around nvidia-driver-290.10. Restarting the
GUI, it said that the system is up-to-date....

I then decided to download the USBFULL image from a mirror (in the UK,
we have none in Switherland), which finally was successful after almost
15 hours of download time.

question: can I upgrade from RC2 to RC3 with USBFULL, or will it be a
fresh installation?

thanks and regards, Harald

PS don't forget the nice KDE buttons from Galileo!