[PC-BSD Testing] Testing RC2 x86

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Wed Dec 14 11:26:15 PST 2011

On 11/23/2011 10:38 AM, Arthur Koziol wrote:
> Kris,
>
> Fresh install of RC2 x86 and I am noticing a big thing: try launching
> any game. Yowza. All bring up a blank screen. In particular, launch
> Games>  Strategy>  KSirk. You cannot even exit it you want.
>
> Arthur

Kris,

I was just trying out a fresh install of x86 RC3 (like the new boot menu
screen other polished stuff) and the above behavior is still present but
I attribute it to KDE. It's also got wicked mouse issues within the
blank screen as well. When you try to move the mouse to the corners of
the app (say KBreakout) it keeps hitting up against an invisible wall.
Meaning, you cannot reach the corners of the app. For example, you
cannot click on (X) in the top right corner. Weird, weird behavior. Do
you know if you'll be using KDE 4.7.4 for 9.0 Final assuming it's out in
time?

Arthur