[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9 RC 2/3 Trim support ?

Andreas Hotz aufderalb at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 13 03:52:24 PST 2011

Am 9. Dezember 2011 17:58 schrieb Arthur Koziol <A-Koziol at neiu.edu>:

> **
> On 12/09/2011 9:17 AM, Kris Moore wrote:
>
> On 12/09/2011 06:22, Andreas Hotz wrote:
>
> Hallo, is there any support
> for enable Trim in PC-BSD !
>
> I like to install PC-BSD on my MSI Wind U100 with
> a SSD Card with Trim function.
>
> I tried with tunefs -t enable /dev/ada0 (for example)
> from a freebsd tutorial, but I hope that it will
> be integrated in PC-BSD 9 RC3 Installer by default
>

> Thanks for your help
>

> Andreas Hotz

> This is something on the wiki for 9.1. You'll have to manually enable it
> until then, sorry.
>

> Kris,
>
> Check out this thread: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=28004
>
> Arthur
>
> P.S. FreeBSD RC3 is out with a potential Final in a couple weeks! Woot.

Hallo again !

I installed freebsd 9 rc3 with the original installer !
no problem with trim enable ( tunefs -t enable /dev/ )

but when i use the PC-BSD installer, i couldn't change
the value after the installation in single user mode !!!
---> superblock failure

I tried to find out if GPT or a different manual partition way
is the fault !

May be it's about rc2-rc3 ?

Thanks for your support,

Andreas Hotz