[PC-BSD Testing] Issues in 9.0-RC2
bruce at cran.org.uk
Sun Dec 11 16:46:06 PST 2011
I booted PC-BSD in a VMware VM but forgot to increase the amount of RAM
from its default of 256MB. The message displayed has a typo:
"You may experience problems with less than this ammount".
"ammount" should be "amount".
- During installation, should the "System password" box mention "root"
- In the Welcome to PC-BSD screen:
"If you are new to PC-BSD... introduction of your new Operating System".
Should be "to your new"
- It would be nice to pre-populate the Favorites menu with Terminal,
LibreOffice Writer, Firefox etc.
- It might be good to have a window (I don't know the KDE terminology)
open on the desktop with the handbook, control panel etc.
- In pbi_add(1) there's a typo "competence and identify" should be
mdoc warning: Empty input line #36
mdoc warning: A .Bl directive has no matching .El (#92)
- In pbi_create(1):
mdoc warning: A .Bl directive has no matching .El (#60)
mdoc_warning: A .Bl directive has no matching .El (#66)
- Files are being put into the root of the filesystem that should
probably be in root:
- Should atapicam_load="YES" be in loader.conf? I read that it has been
obsoleted, but that might be wrong
- The Firewall GUI appears to claim everything is being blocked, but
pf.conf and the active configuration show loads of ports are open
(including 49152-65535). Adding a new rule appears to cause /etc/pf.conf
to be double-spaced.
- For some reason tcsh prompts me for the filename in /etc/ssh even
after typing "ssh_conf" and pressing tab - it should auto-complete and
not suggest sshd_config.
- There's also the "gnome-keyring-daemon: couldn't allocate secure
memory to keep passwords and or keys from being written to the disk"
message. I guess this might need a post-install "chmod u+s
/usr/local/bin/gpg2" to fix this.
- None of the pbi_* utilities seem to understand "-h" or "--help" switches.
More information about the Testing