[PC-BSD Testing] About epiphany ....

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Fri Dec 2 04:20:17 PST 2011

On 12/01/2011 23:56, Jay Patel wrote:
> Hi folks..
>
> I am using PC-BSD 9 RC2  with gnome installed from installer. i
> noticed that epiphany is installed as default browser as meta package
> . and i am unable to find a way to uninstall it . and appcafe > Browse
>  shows epiphany in list but not in installed app list .and there is no
> chrome in preferred application list from control panel.  as i am
> unable to make Google chrome as default browser.thanks...
>
> Jay.
Epiphany is a required part of the GNOME system package, which is why it
does not show up in the AppCafe list, since the AppCafe only deals with
PBI installations. If you install Chromium via the AppCafe, you should
then be able to select Chromium as the default browser in the control panel.
I have noticed that there is an annoying pop-up in Chromium that says
that it is not the default browser when it actually is. That is just an
error within the program itself, it isn't looking in the proper place
for the default applications. You should just be able to hit the "don't
show again" option on that pop-up and it won't bother you again. :-)

--
~ Ken Moore ~
PCBSD/iXsystems