[PC-BSD Testing] BETA-1.5 installation report

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Aug 25 10:30:09 PDT 2011

On 08/22/2011 16:00, Lars Engels wrote:

> - The Firewall manager seems to select random port numbers instead of
>    the right ones when a service is selected from the drop down menu.
Fixed!

> - There should be a confirmation that the firewall was restarted
>    successfully when the restart button is pressed
Fixed!
> - I installed the Chromium PBI but cannot select it as the default
>    browser program
Where are you trying this? If I go into Control Panel -> Preferred
Applications chrome shows up here. The odd thing is that firefox does not :P
> - The old system and software updater had an option to update all PBIs
>    automatically, is this not possible with AppCafe?
Not via the GUI just yet, but it can be done with "pbi_update
--enable-auto <pbi>"

> - In LXDE's panel settings the default Terminal Emulator is xterm. As
>    lxterminal is already installed, this should be the default TE.
Fixed!

> - Please please please add the volume setting icon to the panel, and if
>    possible change its icon. Black on dark is not really visible.
Fixed both!

> - The Flash Plugin is not found by Chromium ->  no youtube. :( After
>    running nspluginwrapper -a -v -i Flash works with Chromium
This should be fixed now.

> - XBMC does not start: libass.so.5 is not found by xbmc.bin
I'm going to have to dig into this more. Seems the port is missing some
runtime lib, or something else is broken because we don't modify XBMC in
any way.