[PC-BSD Testing] Swap and root partition sizes... wtf?

Jamie Ivanov jamie.ivanov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:36:10 PDT 2011

2*mem was the rule of thumb 10 years ago. I've run bsd from 486's to multi-core xeon servers, I have *never* used more than 1G swap. Back in those 486 days the rule of thumb applied. But still, 9G of swap? Its simple to incorporate your "rule of thumb" with a logical limiter so nobody waste 9G on swap. With 4G of ram, I doubt swap will ever be used, it hasn't yet.

Btw, has GELI been fixed yet?
Jamie Ivanov / KC9LFD
m.608.399.4252
Blackberry: 32DD619E