[PC-BSD Testing] Swap and root partition sizes... wtf?

Jamie Ivanov jamie.ivanov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:09:40 PDT 2011

That 2*MEM was good back in the old days but even with <1G ram I never used up an entire 512M swap partition. Also, 1G root? Normally I make a 4G root. With 1G, linux compat brought me to 72% usage and if I build i386 compat on my amd64, I have next to null freespace.

When I'm feeling ambitious enough I may switch boot and root partitions around, that would make more sense size wise but not my ideal partition ordering, considering swap will now be the fastest accessed partition, I will lose ~2mb/s in hdd i/o performance.

I also really don't feel like reinstalling. While I do want GELI, I don't know if I'm ready for 9, especially in beta, and all of the time I've spend compiling, etc. *sigh* I'm a little disappointed.
Jamie Ivanov / KC9LFD
m.608.399.4252
Blackberry: 32DD619E
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamieivanov