[PC-BSD Testing] Swap and root partition sizes... wtf?

Jamie Ivanov jamie.ivanov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 21:27:24 PDT 2011

crotchcream# df -h
Filesystem                  Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/label/rootfs0          989M    718M    191M    79%    /
devfs                       1.0k    1.0k      0B   100%    /dev
/dev/label/var0               2G    221M    1.6G    12%    /var
/dev/label/usr0             277G     76G    178G    30%    /usr
linprocfs                   4.0k    4.0k      0B   100%    /compat/linux/proc
//GUEST at BLACKBOX/STORAGE    1.7T    1.7T    5.6G   100%
/usr/home/jamie/smb/storage

crotchcream# swapinfo
Device          1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity
/dev/label/swap0   9437180        0  9437180     0%

Can someone see what's wrong with this picture? I used the PC-BSD
installer which had features that I needed that didn't end up working.
But I JUST noticed the size of my swap partition after noticing my
root partition is 72% full.. My question is, who the fuck decided to
make a 9G swap partition and only a 1G root partition?

Installer fail. That teaches me to use a non freebsd installer when
as is or load up a livefs and so some filesystem molestation in some
risky maneuvers. Thanks guys.

Jamie Ivanov / KC9LFD
m.608.399.4252
Blackberry: 32DD619E
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamieivanov
solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute
non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and
delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination,
distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended
recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.