[PC-BSD Testing] Appcafe crash on launch

Benjamin Milman ben at ixsystems.com
Tue Aug 23 17:18:58 PDT 2011

Kris -

This happened both on a user added via command line (the one I sent) and
on one added via the PC-BSD Users Manager. Adding the user to operator
worked, but I had to go into the advanced mode of the user manager to do
it. Users are not in operator by default.

Unrelated: While I was there, I discovered some gripes about the user
manager . Adding a user to a group (advanced mode) resets the selected
group to the top of the list, meaning that you can't add a number of
users to a particular group in sequence - you have to select the group
again every time. Worse, when you remove a user from a group, the user
manager quits.

Ben