[PC-BSD Testing] Appcafe crash on launch

Benjamin Milman ben at ixsystems.com
Tue Aug 23 10:21:18 PDT 2011

Output of pbi_listrepo:

     pbi_listrepo: Must be run as administrator or a member of the
operator group!

Output of pbi_info:

     firefox-4.0.1-amd64
     gimp-2.6.11-amd64
     wine-1.3.21-i386

As you can see in the paste I included here and below:
http://pastebin.com/qLxLTB3e the program crashes like so:

     Adding Repos...
     Getting details for repoID:  "pbi_listrepo:"
     Segmentation fault

There is no significant wait between any of those steps, I never get to
the stage of being able to use the user interface. Today when I ran
"appcafe" I got "Segmentation Fault: 11" for the last line.
pc-softwaremanager naturally produces the exact same results.

Thanks,
Ben

On 8/23/11 8:16 AM, Kris Moore wrote:

> Oh, also send "pbi_listrepo" so I can see what that shows :)
>
> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD / iXsystems
>

> On Tue 23/08/11 11:14 AM , Kris Moore<kris at pcbsd.org>  wrote:
>
>> So its only failing when run as a regular user?
>>
>> Can you send the output of "pbi_info"?
>>
>> Did it work for a while and start crashing after you loaded some stuff?
>>
>> --
>> Kris Moore
>> PC-BSD / iXsystems
>>
>> On Mon 22/08/11 8:28 PM , Benjamin Milman  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> When launching appcafe from the provided shortcuts as a normal user the
>>> window flashes open and immediately closes. Running the command
>>> "appcafe" gives the message posted here: http://pastebin.com/qLxLTB3e
>> [1] [1]
>>> I'm running on PC-BSD 9 Beta 1.5 (I also experienced this in the same
>>> way in Beta 1). Running the command 'pc-su appcafe' gives the "run as
>>> root" KDE popup and then appcafe works as normal. Running as root
>>> through other means (su, login as root) also works. As a workaround, I
>>> changed the shortcut to run 'pc-su pc-softwaremanager' instead of just
>>> 'pc-softwaremanager' so I wouldn't have to use the command line to get
>>> to appcafe.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ben