[PC-BSD Testing] Appcafe crash on launch

Benjamin Milman ben at ixsystems.com
Mon Aug 22 17:28:35 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

When launching appcafe from the provided shortcuts as a normal user the
window flashes open and immediately closes. Running the command
"appcafe" gives the message posted here: http://pastebin.com/qLxLTB3e

I'm running on PC-BSD 9 Beta 1.5 (I also experienced this in the same
way in Beta 1). Running the command 'pc-su appcafe' gives the "run as
root" KDE popup and then appcafe works as normal. Running as root
through other means (su, login as root) also works. As a workaround, I
changed the shortcut to run 'pc-su pc-softwaremanager' instead of just
'pc-softwaremanager' so I wouldn't have to use the command line to get
to appcafe.

In a minor aesthetic gripe, AppCafe™ in the PC-BSD control panel has the
™ on another line, and the shortcuts on the desktop and in the menu
don't have the ™ at all.

Thanks,
Ben