[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD v9.0 64bit update.. failure <correction> succeeds!

Tigersharke . tigersharke at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 20:06:17 PDT 2011

Hello again..

pc-updatemanager works.

I am not exactly sure why, but when I tried to update from beta1.0 to
beta1.5, it did not work even though the system updater recognized that
there was an update available. Whatever it was, I did not change anything on
my system to cause it to function properly.

I can initiate the update via GUI or cli, so it seems not to have been an
issue on my system/setup relating to too fast a fetch.

I tested to be sure that having both ethernet and wifi enabled, or if
disabling wifi made any difference. pc-updatemanager worked again after each
change. I did not test lagg, but I feel confident that that wouldn't have
affected anything either.

I did not need to modify pc-updatemanager to add 'sleep 1' for this to work.

Aside from this, I now know that (for the most part) if you tgz your
~/.mozilla directory, plop it into your home directory, and tar-xvf it
there.. and then add firefox via appcafe, that you will have all your
previous tabs open in firefox, and everything else should mostly work. I say
mostly, only because flash had an issue with a "runaway" script (I forget
the exact message).

Next to test is 64bit USB live beta1.5, which so far checksum validated and
burnt successfully.

Thanks