[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD v9.0 64bit update.. failure

Nukama Hakisho nukama at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 19 12:14:45 PDT 2011

2011/8/19 Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>:
> On 08/19/2011 14:08, Wilbert Leeper wrote:

>>> I may have to shrink that USB image a bit more, seems some sticks don't
>>> really have the "full" 4GB advertised :)
>>>
>>> As for the update manager, can you run this as root?
>>>
>>> # pc-updatemanager install release-9.0-BETA1.5
>>>
>>> Let it run, does it fail or return some sort of error?
>>

> I think I may have found a fix to the updating program as well. It seems if
> it downloads to fast, we get fetch protocol errors which causes a failure.
> If you are still having problems updating, as root try this:
>
> edit /usr/local/bin/pc-updatemanager with nano / vi
>
> Look for the line:
>
> fetch_file()
> {
> local FETCHFILE="$1"
>
> Change it to this:
>
> fetch_file()
> {
> sleep 1
> local FETCHFILE="$1"
>

> That seems to fix it here from failing during download :)
>
> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> iXsystems

I encountered this error while running the PC-BSD Update-Manager GUI
version, then started from terminal to get following error message
(and sleep 1 wouldn't help here):

# pc-updatemanager install release-9.0-BETA1.5
STARTINGUPDATE: 9.0-BETA1.5
Downloading Master Files...
fetch: ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/snapshots/9.0-BETA1.5/amd64/netinstall/PCBSD.tbz:
File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
ERROR: Failed to download: /usr/local/tmp/9.0-BETA1.5/PCBSD.tbz

Regards
Hakisho Nukama