[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD v9.0 64bit update.. failure

Tigersharke . tigersharke at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 11:58:10 PDT 2011

Hello..

Sorry folks for all of my technically "sky is falling" regarding the USBFULL
img

I have finally discovered that I have been burned by an ignorant
manufacturer marketing ploy.  The Lexar "4Gb" USB stick I bought from Target
on sale is actually sized with the base-10 GiB, instead of what all us geeks
expect as the base-2 Gb.

I am no longer going to consider it 4Gb, which will help me stop reporting
personal failures due to manufacturer's intentionally designed flaws. This
means I will be testing other USB formats until I can get a 5 GiB which is
marketed as a 5Gb stick.

So the moral of the story is:
a) ignore the marketing hype and assume base-10 size of your USB stick;
b) verify your USB stick (after mounting it) with df -h.

Hmm.. I wonder if those megapixel cameras use base-10 or base-2 :)

Thank you for your time..