[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD v9.0 64bit update.. failure

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Fri Aug 19 11:43:50 PDT 2011

On 08/19/2011 14:08, Wilbert Leeper wrote:
>> I may have to shrink that USB image a bit more, seems some sticks
>> don't really have the "full" 4GB advertised :)
>> As for the update manager, can you run this as root?
>> # pc-updatemanager install release-9.0-BETA1.5
>> Let it run, does it fail or return some sort of error?

I think I may have found a fix to the updating program as well. It seems
if it downloads to fast, we get fetch protocol errors which causes a
failure. If you are still having problems updating, as root try this:

edit /usr/local/bin/pc-updatemanager with nano / vi

Look for the line:

local FETCHFILE="$1"

Change it to this:

sleep 1
local FETCHFILE="$1"

That seems to fix it here from failing during download :)