[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD v9.0 64bit update.. failure

Tigersharke . tigersharke at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 01:20:44 PDT 2011

Hello there..

Currently I am trying to understand why I couldn't boot the new 64bit
USBFULL beta1.5 image from my 4Gb stick.. and trying again to write it to
the stick, just to be sure.  Either I have somehow caused the 3.9Gb image to
take more space or my stick is not 4096Mb.  During the attempted boot from
the menu, it quit shortly after GEOM_PART Integrity check failed.

Here is the output of the  USB image burn:

 # dd if=PCBSD9.0-BETA1.5-x64-USBFULL.img of=/dev/da0 bs=5k

dd: /dev/da0: short write on character device

dd: /dev/da0: end of device

783156+0 records in

783155+1 records out

4009754624 bytes transferred in 2036.760317 secs (1968692 bytes/sec)

After it did not boot, I restarted and wanted to check something in my 64bit
v9.0 beta1 install. I did not expect to see the system update manager
telling me of an update.
Unfortunately, the update did not work. This image will be available for 30
days: http://imgur.com/gNfZj?full

My system is a desktop and has both an ethernet and a wifi card. Both
function fine, and after configuring the security for the wifi, I am sure I
had network connections on both. However, just to check, I did try with lagg
enabled/disabled, also with wifi enabled/disabled.  I also was able to
access the ftp.pcbsd.org site with konquerer and found the pcbsd.tgz file
but was unsure were to put it, and then unsure how I could initiate the
update (if it is possible in this disjointed way). I also looked at the
space available and no slices were at capacity or actually unable to fit the
update file, as well as I could determine.

Thanks!